Directions For Use:
Simply select the color that most closely matches your hair color, if in doubt, choose a shade darker than you think. For your convenience we use the Stylist’s color numbering standard (1 to 10) shown on the color swatches in the shopping cart “Buy Now” page. A multi-color application may be desirable to achieve a more exact match. Apply the darker color first and then add the lighter color to match your existing hair. (See application notes below for complete directions)
Wash hair with Volluma Shampoo which is specially formulated to remove residues and prepare the hair for Volluma Hair Thickening spray. Ensure shampoo is thoroughly rinsed from hair and that hair is completely dry. Do not use “leave-in” conditioners as Volluma may not bond well to hair shafts – affecting its water resistant properties. Blow dry and style hair as desired without styling products.
For All Applications - Shake Volluma vigorously for 30 seconds before use and then shake periodically between bursts. Start application approximately 1-2 cm. behind hairline to achieve a natural look. Important – Finish with a gloss hairspray to add shine and durability and to lock in the color.
For Long Hairstyles - lift hair and apply Volluma in short bursts at the roots, leaving top hairs with their natural color and shine. Gently style hair between bursts with a coarse brush or wide toothed comb to keep hair manageable and the hairstyle looking smooth and natural. Repeat application until the desired hair fullness is achieved. Apply desired styling products such as waxes or gels and finish with hairspray.
For Short Hairstyles - Spray in short bursts onto thinning areas holding can approximately 20 cm from hair gently styling with a coarse comb or brush. Repeat the application until the desired hair fullness is achieved. Apply desired styling products such as waxes or gels and finish with hairspray.
- Many client’s preferences and specific, personal situations cause them to develop and establish their own unique procedures as they gain experience applying Volluma. Please let us know what your special techniques are so that we can share your “tips and tricks” with others
- For use on colored hair use Volluma shampoo only twice per week. For more frequent use, mix 1/8 oz. (5ml) Volluma shampoo with an application of your favorite shampoo
- Use a cotton swab to provide the finishing touch for a natural-looking hairline.
- Remove over spray from skin with soap or an alcohol pad.
- Spray Volluma in short bursts – spraying too close to the hair or too intensively will result in a wet, sticky application.
- Remove excess spray by lightly dabbing wet areas using a facial tissue in soft circular motions.
- Protect clothing from over spray with a towel or cape.
- Avoid using Volluma immediately after chemical hair treatments as temporary color variations may result. Apply Volluma only after the first wash recommended by your stylist after treatment.
- Do NOT use if you have a known allergy to hair sprays, if you have sensitive skin or have open sores on your scalp. Wait until hair transplant has started to heal.
- Do NOT use hot curling or straightening irons after application as the hair may burn.
- Do NOT spray into eyes.
- Use Volluma in a well ventilated area with easy to clean surfaces such as a bathroom.
- Volluma does not use animals in testing procedures.